IMPORTANT GOOGLE ADWORDS UPDATE: We've recently learned that Google has issues with the DUBturbo sales page, and will NOT tell us how to become compliant so that affiliates (or even us) can advertise it through their adwords network.
While it is frustrating, we still see random adwords ads for us, and we've also seen affiliates accounts get suspended with no warning for promoting our brand - please DO NOT use adwords for dubturbo advertising. Our sub-brands are fine, sister brands are fine, and no other ad network has ever expressed any issues with our brand so we encourage you to utilize other networks such as bing, msn, fb, beat/music sites re straight media buys or banner spot buys, etc.
Misconceptions about keywords - the TRUTH!
Most people tend to think that keyword lists only apply to PPC campaigns. While they ARE great for your PPC efforts, and finding your goldmine keys, keep in mind that keywords should be utilized throughout your ENTIRE campaign and on any/all assets possible. Some examples of how to effectively utilize these in your BUM and other marketing tactics.
1. Get a domain name and landing page, point your domain to your landing page. Make your landing page full of amazing copy utilizing the kewords as page title, meta tags, first text ON the page, create anchor text with keywords/phrases, create ALT text with them, create links out of the phrases (using your hoplink from the text link), comment tags, etc.
2. Video submissions: If you don't know this yet, you can submit videos, and in the description part, you can plug your .com - USE THIS! We have 8 videos up top with more coming, upload them to youtube and any other video site whilst plugging your .com.
3. Article/blog/squidoo submissions: VERY IMPORTANT to use these keywords (or others you've mined) in your article title, in your first few paragraphs, and in variations throughout your read... Don't use all of them, use a maximum of 5-10 - Don't try to use ALL the keys below. Alternatively you can write 10 articles, and focus every 2 articles around a different group of keys. Always put your .com in the author box with an engaging call to action.
Basically anwhere you are utilizing text for your non-intrusive endorsements, always try your best to utilize your keywords - be they on landers, PPC ads, articles, mini-sites etc.
*Use negative keywords
*Use 'exact' match where possible.
Some General PPC Tips for you.
1. Don't add 50+ keywords/phrases, instead = Use your keyword tools, if you're doing adwords, USE their tool to mine your keys, but use other tools as well, use your brain most. Now go over them and ONLY keep the top 8-10 best (those that look like real buyers would click, forget the rest for now). Tight keywords grouped together, meaning all the keys that start with 'beat' should be under eachother together. Using 3-5 word combos with long tails will work best for the cheapest cost per click. If you cannot get volume, only then should you start to go broad with your keylist.
2. Do NOT put 'free' anywhere in your ad or in your keywords, you will not target real buyers, and those just lurking for free info will click your ad a lot, wasting your adspend.
3. Put The Price - If someone sees a price, only those interested in potentially spending are going to click it, the rest won't-saving your ad spend.
4. Utilize the content network with 2 campaigns, no search network. "Even though my CTR is .23, I have spent less than $14 on clicks that are .08 to .11 cents, and made 3 sales so far with content network only".
5. Split test EVERY campaign, if you are targeting different countries, split test each country. You should always have at least 2 ads fighting eachother, and always tweak them, always - at least until you find what converts best. Once you do that, start another campaign and duplicate profitable efforts - potentially start other ppc avenues. "The general sequence is to test/tweak/eliminate/duplicate, this formula is what I follow and once I'm at the 'duplicating' step my main campaign is automated and I focus on new ones".
6. If you cannot track campaigns, I recommend making seperate landing pages, on those pages use ClickBanks TID feature and link to TIDs from the links. Now point seperate similar keyword targeted ads at seperate pages. This will effectively show you which ads and even which keywords are converting, then duplicate profitable campaigns, eliminate the rest.
7. General: Site targeting really does work. Once you centralize your effective campaigns and notice best buyer times and zones, start using adwords timing option and pump your ads at hot times in hotspots geographicaly, you will notice a rise in sales. You can use ClickBank analytics to find out which campaigns converted, what times ppl are buying at, which country/city, etc. Log into CB - Click Reporting, now click Analytics. Use the reporting feature on the right to analyze your hops. Target sites that convert well directly for media buys.
8. Be creative, always think like a customer that is potentially ready to buy. Sometimes the oddest phrases that have no data in adwords tools convert like crazy, sometimes the most competitive words are still worth chasing. Testing campaigns can get tedious however it does payoff to really prepare well for 2 hours and post your ads in 5 minutes, than to post a bunch of template ads and spend the next two days changing them.